Ingredients (Italics = cleaner version)
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (use whole wheat pasta)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/4 brick of cream cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 jar of salsa (make fresh)
- 1 cup taco sauce (use salsa instead)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare shells according to package instructions. After draining, place shells on a non-stick cookie sheet or a sprayed cookie sheet to prevent sticking.
- Prepare ground beef according to taco seasoning instructions. Drain off fat and stir in cream cheese.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with salsa.
- Spoon beef into shells and place shells into pan.
- Drizzle taco sauce over shells.
- Bake, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover, top with cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with plain Greek yogurt in lieu of sour cream and top with green onions.